VP of Wealth Management & Senior Financial Advisor
- EXPERIENCE: After working in my family-owned recruiting business for more than a decade, I decided to pursue my passion for financial services. I have spent the last decade plus consulting with owners and executives of closely-held and family-owned business on the unique dynamics of family and finances.
- WHAT MOTIVATED YOU TO BECOME A FINANCIAL ADVISOR? I am second generation in a family where the first generation has built over a dozen successful businesses. I have seen many ways it can succeed, and few on how it can fail and the impacts each of those have on families. This offers a unique perspective and I have been grateful to be a frequent speaker on the topics surrounding successful families in business and have had articles published locally, nationally, and internationally.
- WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT YOUR WORK? I love puzzle solving and wealth management puts us at the perfect intersection of being broadly aware of everything happening in the world, then solving very specific, very personal problems for our clients. Having worked in both independent brokerage and institutional wealth management settings, I appreciate the opportunity to blend those approaches in the entrepreneurial environment offered through R&R Wealth Management.
- WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST SUCCESS IN THE PAST YEAR?Assisting a very successful business owner with a partial sale of his firm to a private equity investment group was the biggest event, but beyond the transaction, the investments, the tax planning, all the logistics of their wealth plan, the most satisfying part of the experience was being invited to their home to talk with their children about the potential impact of the transaction on their lives. It is a great privilege to earn that level of trust with a client.
- HOW DO YOU HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS OVERCOME THEIR CHALLENGES? Most often, the clients I speak with know the solution to their challenges; they may not be able to explain it and sometimes don't even want to acknowledge it, but deep down they typically know the solution. Our role as advisors is to help with a safe environment, ask the right questions, and encourage the thought process that gets to those solutions.
- EDUCATION & LICENSES: I received my Bachelor degree from the University of Minnesota, and my MBA from Marquette University. I hold both Series 7 and 66 licenses.
- ORGANIZATIONS: I am the past President of the Society of Financial Service Professionals - Milwaukee. I am also the past President and current board member of the Milwaukee Estate Planning Forum, the local chapter of the NAEPC.